“First off what is my Facebook URL and can I change it or customize it for my Facebook business page?”
Yes you can create a custom or vanity URL for your Facebook page. Here’s how:
1. Log into your Facebook account.
2. Click on ‘Edit Page’ and from the drop-down menu select ‘Update Page Info’.
3. Welcome to your Admin Settings page. In the Page Info tab, find Page Address and click on ‘Enter a Facebook web address’.
4. Select ‘Create a web page address for this page?’.
5. A prompt will appear ‘Before you can set your username…blah…blah…verify.’ If you’re lucky enough to own a mobile phone click on ‘Verify via mobile phone’. Facebook will send a confirmation code to that number via SMS.
6. Check your mobile phone for the SMS message and enter the 6-digit confirmation code in the box. Hit ‘Confirm’ to proceed.
7. If everything went well it should say ‘Thanks for confirming your phone number. You can also:’ Check the box if you want Facebook to send you text messages when someone posts a message or posts on your Timeline. Hit ‘Save Settings’ to proceed.
8. Okay back to getting our Facebook web address. Click on that ‘Enter a Facebook webpage address’ again from Step 3.
9. Now the fun part. Enter the page username, this name will be in the URL so choose wisely. Since I want the url to be ‘facebook.com/askabouttech’ I would enter askabouttech in the box and hit ‘Check availability button’ to see if that URL is available.
10. Success! Just want we wanted. Our own Facebook URL has now been created for our page. You can now direct people to your fancy new Facebook URL.